Thursday, October 14, 2010

Awards! I have them!




I've been very lax about accepting them, but KnitMachineQueen, Clioand AllisonC nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger Award, and Clio added the One Little Sparkling Award. Awww - thanks!

So, the rules are that I need to tell you a bunch of things about me that you don't know, and also nominate people for the award. Since I don't really believe in rules (many unpaid parking tickets are the sad proof of this, and yes, they get paid - eventually!), I'll just tell you things about me, and ignore the second bit.

(I'm copying the format that Sarah Wilson used in her post about a 10-things list. I'm not sure how I stumbled upon her blog, especially as it has nothing to do with sewing, but I enjoy reading it...)

1. What I wear: Well, you already see it. I have entirely too many summer clothes, and entirely too few winter clothes. I haven't really bought RTW in any significant amount for the last year or two, and a lot of my winter pants really have seen better days. Hence pant sewing.

2. What I eat:I'm vegetarian, which you'll know if you read my blog. What you might not know is that I've been vegetarian my entire life, I was raised vegetarian.

3. My favourite things to do when I’m a bit flat: TV - my current favorite show is How I Met Your Mother. (I love Barney.) I love reading as well, except it really has to be the right book - something that takes me totally outside myself. (Sci-fi and fantasy tend to do this the best.) Cooking works, but oddly enough, sewing doesn't. I can't sew in a bad mood, sewing is a strictly good-mood activity.

4. My favourite smell: Jasmine. (Related note, my favorite perfume is the hard-to-find Diorissimo. )

5. My essential online aid: Google Maps. I would *literally* be lost without it.(Side note - I love map books, and I hate GPS. Really, really, really hate it. I think GPS makes people stupid.)

6. What I do for fun: Apart from the obvious stuff (sewing & cooking) I really enjoy drives in the country, no agenda at all, stumbling upon farm stands filled with fresh produce, or thrift stores filled with vintage patterns... Hmm. There is a theme around sewing and eating, evidently.

7. What nourishes me: the sound of the ocean, the smell of rain striking soil, Biscuit sitting on my lap, a really awesome email conversation, an afternoon in a coffee shop in a strange neighborhood...

8. My guilty pleasure:
Children's fiction.

9. My favourite travel destination: It's a hard one to narrow down, but I'd go back in a heart-beat to Thailand and Ireland. (I don't think I've ever had a bad trip though...)

10. My favorite feelings: High on the list - that feeling of almost-shock/pleasure when I walk into a spotless kitchen (needless to say, it doesn't happen often.)

No comments: